– Provide architecture, design & support on new or existing SQL Server solutions:
o Application/operational relational databases based on SQL Server 2014
and higher including SSIS/SSAS Tabular
o BI solutions (analysis/reporting/dashboarding) based on SQL Server 2014
& 2017 including SSIS/SSA/Power BI / DAX.
o Dashboard, KPI & metrics.
– Support on user requirements gathering & analysis, functional analysis of specific
requirements when related to BI or reporting.
– Support & build of Dashboard/Scorecard/KPI/Metrics.
– Provide Microsoft database & BI technology expertise (SQL server, MS Office,
etc.) across IT.
– Provide guidance on SQL Server development (best practices, architecture
– Support & coaching to SQL server developers.
Languages: English, Dutch, French
Location: Brussels centre.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 year
(Depending on project evolution, extension is possible)
– Must be a self-starter, work well independently, and in a
collaborative team environment
– Solution driven / Pragmatic
– Strong problem solving skills
– Pro-active and flexible
– Strong verbal / written communications and presentation
– Coaching & training skills
Business experience required
– Experience as ETL developer on SQL server platform. >3
– Experience as a SQL server database developer (tables,
views, triggers, unions, joins, complex queries, stored
– Experience as BI developer on SQL Server based
– Experience as technical architect on SQL Server solutions
projects (BI and/or operational DB applications)
– Experience in dashboard & scorecard (with SQL server)
– Experience within Insurance or financial or risk domain
– Experience on projects with different technology stacks,
integration aspects (with packages or external solutions) &
– Experience on .NET applications development
Technical experience required
– Extensive knowledge and hands on in SQL Server 2014 and
2017 (tables, views, triggers, unions, joins, complex queries,
T-SQL & stored procedure programming).
– Extensive knowledge and hands on in ETL (SSIS) >3
– Fluency with appropriate tools including SQL Management
Studio, Profiler, Performance Monitor and other SQL Server
management tools or related tooling as the MS Office suite.
– General Knowledge on SQL server working >3
– Extensive knowledge & hands on Performance tuning &
– Experience in solving performance related problems
specifically on database applications.
– Extensive knowledge and hands on experience in reporting >3
– Extensive Knowledge of BI Reporting: OLAP SSAS tabular
design, implementation & overall framework
– Good knowledge of Power BI >3
– Knowledge .NET C# & traditional data access techniques
such as ADO.NET
– Knowledge of popular technologies & framework built
around SQL Server
– Being aware of best practices, trends & evolutions of the IT
industry and most particularly Microsoft SQL Server
– Knowledge of .NET technologies such as Entity framework,
WCF, Web services
Functional experience required
– Database modelling via modelling tools such as Erwin or
– Architecture, functional & technical analysis on database,
ETL & BI solutions
– Understanding of Best Practices for SQL server Database,
datawarehousing, ETL & BI solutions across the Enterprise
– Ability to interact with Business Owners and gather
– Ability to translate Business Requirements into functional &
If you are interested in this role please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential